Friday, May 8, 2015

The cancer rose.....


Three years ago I planted a Zephririne Drouhn climbing rose that I ordered from a mail order catalog.  It came in the mail right after I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  You might remember my initial "silly rose story" that I posted in 2012, you can read it here.  I am not sure why I called it the cancer rose, it just popped into my head at that moment when Galen and I were planting the bare root in the ground, and I felt that if the rose survived, I would too.  Yes, I know, that's silly. 

Well, I am happy to say the rose survived and is thriving!  It has climbed up the post and over the pergola, just as I planned. 


It turned out to be a beautiful rose and it has a spicy clove scent.  It smells heavenly! 


I guess I knew all along the rose would survive.  And, of course, I knew that I would too! 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Not silly at all and I do remember....so happy that you are doing so well....
xo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It is a beautiful rose plant, Donna, and a wonderful tribute to celebrate your good health!

MAYBELLINE said...

Perfect!

Donna said...

And I am SO glad you did!
The rose is just Gorgeous...just like you!
(((hug)))

Anonymous said...

Everything you plant thrives! You should start a YouTube channel about your gardening... Donna's Gardening at Mouning Dove Cottage...I'm so glad you're thriving, too ❤️

Mimi Sue said...

Beautiful rose! Beautiful you! Mimi