Monday, June 6, 2011

How to make a mosaic garden stone





Mosaic garden stones are easy to make and they look lovely in the garden. I enjoy working with mosaics and I find myself experimenting with different ways of using broken tiles and pieces of pottery. I'm far from being an expert at this and sometimes just work through a project and figure it out on my own.




This is how I made my garden stone.




Start with a stepping stone that you can buy at Lowes, Home Depot or any garden center.





I use Mosaic Tile Adhesive that I buy at Michaels.





Now use your favorite colors of broken tile (you might have to cut pieces to size using a tile cutter), then glue them to your stepping stone. I let this dry overnight.








I forgot to take a photo of the grout, but you can buy grout at your hardware store, I got mine at Lowes. It's the kind you mix water and then apply. Fill in all the cracks and smooth over. After it drys go over it with a wet cloth.






And there you go! A beautiful mosaic garden stone. Don't worry if it isn't perfect. Sometimes the imperfections are part of its beauty.








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stepping stone! I have made some with brightly colored floral beads. In fact I am working on one now, guess artistic minds think alike. Have a beautiful day!

Donna said...

Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for showing us how!!
Happy day sweetie!
hughugs

Happy@Home said...

You make it look so easy.
Yours turned out so pretty and looks lovely in your garden.

Kathy said...

Hello Donna,
This looks wonderful! So Easy! You can do a lot with this! Thanks for sharing,
Kathy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm always saying I'm gonna do this. But I haven't. It's beautiful!
Brenda

Susan McClaskey said...

This is lovely. I'm sending your post to my sister who is the gardener. Thanks for visiting Buttermilk Cottage. Please come often.
Best,
Susan

Peonies & Magnolias said...

How beautiful and sounds so easy. I'm going to have to try a few of these for our garden. Have a great week.

Sandy

Sunny Simple Life said...

I would love to make some of these for my garden. I think I could actually do this.

Sherri said...

Love your stepping stone Donna!

Unknown said...

What a cool project! I think it will be better if you created some more and made them as your garden pathway. Your garden will definitely look more attractive and eye-catching that way. All the best!

Mitchell Knapp @ Scenic Landscaping

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
mosaic art supplies