Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's April!

 

Every spring we have loads of purple violets growing all around the garden.  I dug up a small clump, planted them in a pot, and put them in a hanging basket filled with moss.  I hung it on the back gate.   I think it makes a nice little spring welcome for anyone passing through.   


~ And Easter is here.  We will be hosting dinner at our house this year and are looking forward to having our wonderful family all around the table.  Easter ham and all the trimmings. 

(Below are some of my wooden eggs that I painted with chicks, rabbits, flowers and baskets.)


So, welcome April!  With the warmer temps I found myself at the garden center yesterday and just had to buy some flowers.  Today I will plant the window boxes on the front of the house and cross my fingers and hope we won't have any more freezing weather this month. 
 

I must say, March moved along fairly fast.  I had my routine appointment scheduled at the UNC Breast Cancer Center and everything is good!  (I go every 6 months.)  I am feeling great, thinking positive and staying active.  I am one to look ahead, not back and I think that really helps me. 

 
 Hope all of you are enjoying some warmer weather, blue skies, and lots of sunshine. 
 
 




3 comments:

Happy@Home said...

So nice to see a post from you, Donna and even nicer to know that you are doing well.
The spring touches around your house and garden are so pretty. Hooray for spring gardening!!
Happy Easter to you and your family.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

It is so nice to hear that you are doing so well. Congratulations! And, your violet baskets are totally charming. Have a wonderful Easter.

Donna said...

Everything is SO beautiful!
Hope you enjoyed your Day sweet friend!
hughugs