Saturday, October 4, 2014

Random things

 

Hello, dear friends.  How are you?  I just realized my last post was in August...how did this happen? ~ I guess time flies when we're having fun.  And here it is fall already.  Don't you just love all the warm autumn colors?  I bought a big orange pumpkin today for the front step and yellow and red mums for pots.  


We have had quite a lot going on lately.  September is a big birthday month for us and we celebrated our granddaughter's 2nd birthday with family at Galen's mother's house in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.  It's a good central meeting place for all of us since Amy and Bruno and the kids live in New York.  What a great time we had!







And our other granddaughter, Maddie, here in North Carolina, just turned 15 in September. It seems like only yesterday that she was just a toddler, and now, here she is getting her permit for driving!  








Also, in September, I had my  6-month follow-up appointment at UNC Cancer Center.  Everything is good!  A little osteoporosis setting in but that is treatable.  I feel great, and this will be two years cancer free!  I am thankful everyday for my health and that I can garden and do all the things I love to do.  




And speaking of the garden, I planted kale, broccoli and spinach for the winter months, and have harvested quite a few tomatoes and peppers.  I've been cleaning up the flower beds, too.




Just to let you know, I may not be posting on my blog as often as before, but I am still here and will check in occasionally.  



Enjoy this wonderful fall weather! 

'till next time, 

5 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Glad to catch up with what is happening in your life Donna. I am so happy to hear about your good check up! Have a wonderful fall.
Hugs,
Penny

La Vie Quotidienne said...

So happy you posted, I was thinking about you and wondered if all was well.

It sounds as if you have been very busy with lots of good things. That's wonderful. Take care and have a lovely Autumn.

MAYBELLINE said...

2 years? That's super.

Do you plant vegetable plants or sow seeds? I'm looking forward to fall type weather arriving some day soon.

Mimi Sue said...

So very happy to hear about your good check up! 2 years just flew by! Happy birthday to your little grandgirls. Mimi

Donna said...

Lordy what a beautiful yard...and those grands will be grown before you know it!
Precious!
hughugs