Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter Wonderland in Wilson

The snow flakes started falling last night and by the time we went to bed we had a soft white blanket of snow everywhere.  Mother Nature's beauty at it's best.  




This morning the snow is still falling.  We have about 2 inches here in Wilson, NC.  






Otis prefers to stay inside on the sofa in his pile of blankets.  I opened the back door for him this morning and he turned around and came back in.  






Enjoying the snow while it lasts!

6 comments:

Pondside said...

The snow casts a magical light on everything - and your pictures in the half-light are beautiful. Get out there and make a snow angel!

Happy@Home said...

No snow in our part of the state, so I will enjoy yours. There is something so peaceful and beautiful about a fresh snowfall.
Your garden looks lovely in the photos. I especially like the garden path covered in snow.
Otis looks quite content curled up on the red blanket :).

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Only flurries yesterday in my part of NC...

How pretty that snow is!

Unknown said...

Oh Donna, everything looks so pretty. I have to look on the map where Wilson is, we are in Winston Salem now. No snow here.

Your photographs are beautiful and that living room looks so cozy.

Stay warm and have a beautiful day.
Karen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I did not realize you began blogging again, Donna! I'm glad to see all the posts I missed. I loved your painting when I saw it on facebook. The snow photos in this post are beautiful!

Balisha said...

We are a little tired of Mother Nature's Beauty here in No. Illinois. Your pictures are lovely though and Otis looks so contented.
Balisha