Monday, February 18, 2013

What have I been doing?

Trying to stay warm, mostly.  It's been so cold the past few days I find myself (and Otis and Riley) sitting by a warm fire in cozy blankets.  I celebrated my birthday on Sunday and Galen bought me the most beautiful pink tulips!  They remind me of spring and I yearn for springtime weather and working in the garden.  




We had a bit of snow on the weekend and it was so pretty.  Big fat snowflakes falling from the sky.  It didn't last very long but it was nice to see.  My youngest daughter, Amy, and Bruno and Esmé (our NY family) are coming down this weekend to visit.  I can't wait to see my now five month old granddaughter, little Esmé!  I haven't held her since she was a baby.  We are all really looking forward to this.


So cleaning is on my list this week, along with some cooking and baking.  Isn't it funny how the house gets a good cleaning when visitors come.
Have a good week, everyone!


15 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Donna
How exciting, your daughter and g'daughter coming!
It's hard to be a long distance g'mother, so we have to soak it up while we can whenever we get to see the sweet ones.
Enjoy your week!

Donna said...

Happy Late Birthday Donna! The flowers are Gorgeous and my Favorite color as well!
Snuggle up!!
hughugs

Susan said...

I'm already looking forward to summer when the kids will be here for their beach fix. I'm between houses at the moment and no garden to call my own. It has made the garden yearning particularly strong this year.

Veronica Roth said...

Happy late birthday Donna and many happy returns of the day. You have everything I need for an inspired clean-up: Flowers and guests! I've just had Kerstie here with Ever and Isla after not seeing them for three months, (been in England), boy they grow! Have the best time ever and, if you can, post a photo of the baby; I'd love to see her. :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those tulips are such a pretty color. I linked to you in my recent blog post...
Hugs,
Penny

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Wishing you a wonderful visit with your loved ones...grandchildren are so wonderful. Enjoy~

MAYBELLINE said...

That pooch has it made. Glad your day was swell.

Zuzana said...

Dear Donna, happy belated birthday.;) Love all the images here, but the last one is absolutely stunning in colours.;)
I envy you your weather, in NC, as far as I recall, spring comes in March.;)
xoxo

Babs said...

Donna, Belated Happy Birthday! How exciting that you had snow, even if it didn't stay very long...and exciting to have family and a little one coming to visit. Have fun with the grandbaby.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you and Dad! Esmé is trying really hard to conquer her cold, sleeping so much. She's sure to be in tip-top shape and ready for lots of hugs and kisses!

Mimi Sue said...

Lately that's the only time I get anything done is when company's coming! Have fun with your sweeties. Mimi

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Hope your birthday was great one! Adorable pooch!

Sherri said...

Donna, I have been so cold too! I'm glad you had a really nice birthday and those tulips from Galen were just beautiful! I am longing for the gardens too! Keep warm my friend!

Kerrie said...

Your blog is always full of good things! I love visiting. It has been very cold here in SC too. Even had a dusting of snow! Your tulips remind me that spring is coming....Hugs, K

Balisha said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you are feeling so good. Enjoy your weekend with your family.
Balisha