Thursday, October 14, 2010

A rooster



I'm on a roll this week. My dear hubby has been making wooden trays in the shop and for every tray he brings in I have an idea in my mind what I want to paint.





I love painting roosters.





Each tray is completely handmade, hand painted and original. I've given this rooster a country look....maybe a french country look with the cream background. Sort of rustic.






It's finished and ready to go in the whimsy two shop.


I already know what my next one is going to be.





Enjoy your day!
Donna

7 comments:

Cherrie said...

I really like it! You did a great job on it!

Sherri said...

Donna, that rooster is fabulous!! He looks so real!! You did a awesome job with this tray and so did your hubby!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a wonderful rooster. I have a painting of a rooster in my kitchen and I love him. He is adorable - too cute! Great job. Right now in my pottery class I am attempted to sculpt a rooster plaque for the hood over my stove...I can only begin to hope that he turns out a fraction as good as your tray.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Donna the tray is fabulous!! I know it won't be in your shop for long.
Hugs,
Penny

Linda O'Neill said...

Your trays are beautiful, Donna. Have you ever done any with dogs? I think those would be hits too!

NCmountainwoman said...

Love the rooster!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a talented duo you two are!
Brenda