Monday, September 27, 2010

Rain.....and some puttering

Finally,
some much needed rain...
and some cooler temps too!
We've had two days of rain and it's been wonderful.





Today I'm doing some puttering inside....arranging my picture wall in the study.

All of the paintings hanging in this room are original. Some are done by my daughter, Amy, the artist in NY, some are done by me, and the small one above the computer is done by my granddaughter.



Paintings are hung all around the room.



Oh, and I have one that was painted by Fifi, too (the lower one in the photo below on the wall).





On one side of this room we have our antique roll top desk that we bought for $50 when we were first married.






And on the opposite side of the room by the window is where I paint.

Even though this room seems cramped at times, it also a very cozy room.

Living in a small cottage I've learned to make use of every inch of space that we have. Very challenging, but I wouldn't have it any other way.




I think the arrangement is good, for now, but, who knows, I may be rearranging the room again next week.



Enjoy your day!


Donna

12 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

We're having record breaking heat this week. Can't seem to get too excited about fall until it gets cooler. Enjoy your coolness! Mimi

Sheila said...

Your rain clouds are drifting north and we are expecting rain for the next two days. Hubby was up early this morning to cut the grass and put down the winter fertilizer. Your study looks so cosy, and it's fun to change things up once in a while. Your art collection is lovely. It must be heart warming to look at the pictures and know they were painted by your family and friends.
Now I'm going to trim the shrubs out front before the rain arrives..byeee!

Sherri said...

Donna, rainy days are great for re-arranging rooms, closets, etc. It is also good for tea and reading too! Enjoy your day of puttering! I am so glad we got rain too!

Sherri said...

Donna, rainy days are great for re-arranging rooms, closets, etc. It is also good for tea and reading too! Enjoy your day of puttering! I am so glad we got rain too!

Angie said...

You have such a beautiful home, Donna! I love it when you post 'photos of home'. :) The temps are wonderful here too, and this afternoon the sun has been peeking in and out of the clouds. Just glorious weather!

Naturegirl said...

Hello Donna!
Making things fit into a smaller space shall soon be my challenge with my upcoming move!
I feel blessed in following my dream to live close by a beach so soon I'll be listening to the sound of waves and discovering new adventures!
Thank you for following my blog!
It is good to be back blogging!hugs Anna

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like your study and painting space Donna. The natural light from the widow must be so nice to work with. All the painting on the wall were so nice to look at! Your grand daughter is also a wonderful artist!

We have a similar size room in the front of our house and a similar roll top desk! It is mainly my reading nook now as I have a lounge chair near the window and book cases along the wall opposite the desk. My cat runs to me when I sit in that chair as he knows it is cuddle time for him! :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The rain has been wonderful hasn't it? I love this room, with the art on the walls. It looks very homey and cozy.
Hugs,
Penny

Happy@Home said...

Isn't it wonderful to finally receive some rain. Puttering is always fun on a rainy day. Your room may be small, but it is so cozy and filled with such meaningful things. What could be better? Your family is so talented.

Brenda Pruitt said...

We were supposed to get some rain. But it never came. It's nice that artistic talent runs in your family. You'll never want for paintings with so many artists in the bunch!
Brenda

Cherrie said...

Looks like talent runs in the family! :)

Zuzana said...

Enjoy the rain dear Donna.;) I always love to get a peak into your beautiful home and your art.
xoxo