Friday, July 11, 2014

Strawberry pot and a sign

I found this bright orange strawberry pot at Yoder's Hardware store last week and just had to have it!    


After filling it with strawberries from our strawberry patch in the back of the garden I decided to put it outside the kitchen where I can see it and where it will be close to pick berries for our morning cereal.  

  ~ Then I had this idea....



why not have a bright orange welcome sign as well?  



So I painted the sign and hung it on the garden gate.  The orange goes nicely with the blue and terra cotta pots and other accessories I have in the garden.    



Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Donna said...

It's like The Secret Garden at your place isn't it?!!!
Beautiful!!
hughugs

Balisha said...

That strawberry jar is so pretty and the sign matches. I really have never liked orange in the garden, but I do have some orange lilies that are spreading. I have decided, after so many compliments on them, to incorporate more orange into the garden.....and I like it. It blends with the purples so well. Maybe my old age is getting tired of pinks and blues...:)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOVE love love it! I am loving orange right now, too! The garden sign is so cute and I love the glaze on the pot!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a great color, it adds such a spark of interest to the garden and I love the sign on your wonderful gate.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the sign! I once had a pumpkin orange kitchen (believe it or not) :)