Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fluffing the pillows and decorating the bedroom

While I was cleaning the bedroom this morning I decided to make a few decorating changes. New pictures, different pillows on the bed and a few other things.    
  

 I replaced cream colored pillows with these flowered pillows.  I made the pillows myself a few years ago ~ loved the fabric.  


I now use this pink beaded votive candle holder for some of my rings and other small pieces of jewelry.  


I hung the painting that I painted of the old garden table, on the one wall beside the bed.  



This small antique jewelry box sits on the window sill.    





I hung another painting (one that my daughter painted) in this corner above the old pine blanket chest.  




A soft throw on the bed and the room is finished.  It feels warm and summery now!    




4 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

It is so much fun to make these small changes in a room and bring about such a different look. It is all so pretty.

Beverly said...

It looks very pretty, Donna. Little changes can make such a difference - and make you happy, too.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your bedroom looks very tranquil.

Stacey said...

Your room is so pretty and I agree with Penny, very tranquil.

Thank you for your sweet comment about the new sunflower wreath on my front door. :)

I realize that I've visited your blog before. Today I signed to follow. :)