Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Drapes in the study/art room/computer room

....or maybe I should call it the multipurpose room, but we really do call it the study, and now it has some new drapes.  


I got these fabulous drapes from my sister.  A deep burgandy velvet with a beautiful fringe trim.  




They make the room feel cozy and warm (and you're thinking cozy and warm when it's 100 degrees outside, I must be crazy), but it's a nice room to retreat to in the cool air conditioning to paint, or read a book, or work on the computer.  







It's fun to change out window dressings, and the nice thing about these, they didn't cost me anything!

7 comments:

MAYBELLINE said...

Plus, as a Southern gal you are able to convert them to an interesting dress (ala Scarlett O'Hara)!

I could use your advise on kitchen winow coverings. I'm in the middle of a remodel.

Donna said...

Can't et much better than free!Hahaa...they're
Pretty!
hughugs

Catherine Holman said...

I'm such a messy painter that I would have paint all over that beautiful rug and those drapes.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Free is good. I am in the process of rearranging the guest room for an art studio-such a mess at the moment!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are lovely drapes...

Balisha said...

Your new draperies are lovely. They lend a cozy feeling to the room.
Balisha

Happy@Home said...

Your new drapes are lovely, Donna, and I think they look so good with the beautiful rug you have in there. Looks like a very cozy room.