Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bargain plants

I stopped by our Lowes garden center the other day and found some great bargains. Large hanging ferns for $7.50 ~ had to buy two. Every year I hang ferns on the back screened-in porch so I was thrilled with this bargain.






These pots of impatiens were only 63 cents a piece. I found them on the clearance rack....they look perfectly fine....






and should fill this pot by summer.






And, this forsythia bush....only $6.00. I have the perfect spot for it in the back yard against the fence. I pruned it back and now it's ready to go in the ground.






One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.

~W. E. Johns





10 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I was at the Lowe's garden center yesterday too!! I bought some marigolds to plant around my potager to keep the critters away and some petunias and basil and tomatoes...
Hugs,
Penny

Darla said...

Love,love,love to rescue plants!!!!!! You scored!

Donna said...

...Now I need to get to the nursery....Hahahaa
Lovely Miss Donna!
hughugs

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Nothing beats the clearance counter in the garden dept does there. Happy planting.

Sandy

Happy@Home said...

You found some great bargains. Next time I'm at Lowe's I'm going to have to check out the clearance area. It seems like when I've looked in the past everything is near death.
Happy Gardening.

Sherri said...

What great bargains!! I love rescue plants, they usually do really well because someone finally loves them :)!! Good for you Donna!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Those ferns are huge for $7 - I'll have to pay $20 for each of mine :(
Oh well!! I just love to hop over to see your porch & yard....gets me excited to start mine :) Soon hopefully!!

Mimi Sue said...

You got some great deals! I'm going to try to get over to our Lowes tomorrow. Mimi

Ruth Welter said...

I agree Donna, you can get some really good deals at Lowe's or Home Depot. I always look for orchids there as well. Just in case the store just got a shipment. I was just there the other day and was too late, most of the orchids were in pretty bad shape so I passed on buying anything...I'll have to go back. Enjoy your beautiful ferns.

Ruth

Angie said...

Great bargains, Donna! I wish I were going to Lowes to buy plants...Randy and I are leaving tonight for San Francisco, CA, to visit our son for almost a week. I've never been before, scared to death of flying, but off we go. :) And I know I will have a great time...but I'll miss my irises blooming ... they've already started. :)