Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grrrrrrrrrr........

I feel the need to vent today.




I just spent most of the morning trying to find two light bulbs. Two simple ordinary light bulbs that used to be so easy to pick up anywhere. HA!

Not anymore.


There are so many different kinds now.....


incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, LED, halogen, energy savers.......


warm light, daylight, real light, cool light.....

and the shapes.....so strange and so ugly! I don't even know what some of them are used for.

I was so frustrated after trying three different stores just to find a light bulb for my living room lamp. An incandescent 3-way is what I wanted (and oh, yes, this one is being phased out) which is really upsetting because it's the only kind I can really see to read by.





Then I find out the under the counter fluorescent light bulb in my kitchen no longer comes in warm light (well, I was told it could be ordered but that would take up to 2 weeks) and so I had to settle for a cool light which I absolutely hate.
Does anybody else have issues with light bulbs???
Life used to be so simple.





Pardon me for venting...
(I really don't get upset about too many things.)

9 comments:

ritad said...

And to top all that......You need a HAZMAT crew to get rid of these new bulbs once they do burn out... Such a STUPID thing that we have had to endure..

Sheila said...

I agree 100%.
The fixture in my bathroom takes two 100 watt 'fat albert' light bulbs, and one burned out.
I managed to find some in the store but only 60watt. They are just not bright enough.
I was out today and had to buy two 100watt compact flourescent ones instead (the curly ones) they are bright enough but look ridiculous.
I find these bulbs are not bright enough to read by in a regular table lamp.
They are also a lot more expensive, but the labels say they last 9000 hours. We shall see.
As for the 3 way bulb, I learned they are being phased out too, so I thought perhaps we could use a stronger UGLY one, and put it on a dimmer, but evidently you can't use dimmers with these bulbs.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Yes, they've passed me completely by with all this about the bulbs. Completely passed me by and left me gaping in response.
Brenda

Happy@Home said...

My husband is the "bulb buyer" in our house so I wasn't aware that it was so hard to find a normal bulb. Although he has been coming home with strange looking bulbs and what I really don't like about some of them is that you have to wait a few minutes for them to fully light up. This coupled with failing eyesight is not a good combination.
I don't blame you a bit for venting.

Mimi Sue said...

I know exactly what you mean! Life is getting more and more complicated! Some days I yearn for Mayberry! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I've been MIA but hope to be back this week. Mimi

Linda said...

Oh, don't get me started! I recently went through the lightbulb thing when my son moved and got new lamps. I must have spent 20 minutes in the bulb isle at Target! It was so confusing!

Also irritates the heck out of me that you need 3 remotes to watch TV too...and heaven forbid you want to watch a DVD!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I can understand your fustration sometimes we have too many choices and simple is so much easier. I love your new holiday header...very pretty!

Zuzana said...

Yes, I am very traditional too in certain areas as well. So I do get upset when too many changes are brought on and I no longer can purchased what I used to.;) Sorry about your bulb issues.) Light some candles instead.;))
xoxo

Beverly said...

Yep, I feel your pain. I've totally turned the light bulb issue over to my husband. I just can't stand to deal with it anymore.

The last time I had one warm light and two cool light bulbs in at the same time. Quite an interesting look. ;-)