Monday, April 5, 2010

Good morning everyone!



Hope you had a nice weekend.


We had a lovely weekend which we spent with family. We also had the most gorgeous weather which seems to be continuing into this week. It's beautiful this morning.


I wanted to show you a painting project that I started and finished a few weeks ago. I painted a small lamp table that was old and scratched and needed some fresh paint. The other project was a vintage tool box (not actually vintage....my husband made it, but I wanted it to look vintage).




The brown table on the right was the way the table looked before.


You can also see the brown tool box before. A coat of primer, first.





Here is the finished table. I painted it red. It now stands in our foyer with a small lamp.




And here is the new old vintage tool box painted a mustard yellow with an undercoating of a colonial blue. I put some nicks and scrapes on it to make it look older.



I'm using it for a garden box.



Both projects were so easy, and once again, paint comes to the rescue.


Enjoy your day wherever you are!

11 comments:

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Good morning to you too. I love your red table and your garden box is great. Everyone needs one. Have a great week.

Sandy

Happy@Home said...

Both of your projects turned out great. The garden box looks so cute with your clogs and seed packets. Isn't our weather gorgeous?

Anonymous said...

I love a paint transformation and your table and garden box turned out great. I distress most everything I paint! Today the weather is gorgeous here, time to plant some flowers. ;-)

Sherri said...

Hi Donna! I love that lamp table-you did a wonderful, wonderful job. I also love your garden tool box! You are one talented lady!

Cherrie said...

I like the aged look! Good job!

Linda O'Neill said...

Great job on the table and the workbox! I especially like the picture with the garden stuff in the workbox. The light on that is beautiful!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Perfect! Got to love paint...I've been painting the bathroom & the porch furniture today...what nice weather will do to a girl!!
The garden box is perfect - love how you distressed it! The red was perfect for your entry....what else you got to paint??? :)

Mimi Sue said...

Love your new header picture and love the new painted projects. They look so cute not brown! Glad you had a great weekend with your family. Mimi

Sue said...

Hi Donna....ofcourse I love the little red table...and the old/new tool box looks great....I like how the chips show the blue paint underneath..

Janean said...

ABSOLUTELY fab!

if i haven't told you, your profile photo is beautiful (because YOU'RE beautiful).

glad you had an enjoyable easter!

Zuzana said...

Lovely dear Donna, I love these kind of projects.;) And I think the table looks lovely in red,
xo
Zuzana