Thursday, March 4, 2010

Painting and dreaming of warm weather...

I've been doing a lot of painting since it's so cold outside right now and I can't be in the garden. Maybe this weekend.....the forecast is supposed to be warmer and I have some onions, garlic and chives to put in. Hurry up spring!

I was comissioned to do a painting of a rooster for Penny at The Comforts of Home. She loves roosters and has quite a collection. If you don't know Penny, stop by to see her. She's a mosaic artist. She shares her beautiful home and also enjoys gardening and cooking.

Here is the rooster painting. It's 5x7 and done with acrylic paints on watercolor paper.





I started another painting yesterday of a field of daisies. I had this idea in my mind and I also thinks it's because I'm SO ready for spring and warm weather.

It's still in the works.

I have quite a bit to do, but I thought I'd show you anyway.



Hope everyone enjoys their day!

I've also added a few new things to my etsy shop. Hope you'll take some time to browse.

16 comments:

Butterfly Works said...

The rooster is incredible...I know she is going to love it....
Be sure and let us see the daisy picture when you're finished...
Hugs and Blessings,
Butterfly

Jenny said...

OH, Donna! What a stunning rooster! The daisy painting looks so lovely ... Daisies are the friendliest flower, you know. :)

Sherri said...

Donna, that rooster painting is spectacular!! Penny will just love it I'm sure!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Donna that rooster is fabulous! The daises painting is so happy! I'm so looking forward to Spring!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am so waiting for this wonderful rooster to come and join the other two you have painted for me! My collection of Donna roosters will be complete....
xoxo
Penny

Zuzana said...

Your paintings are lovely as always. I hope for warmer weather too, here it is below freezing still.;))
Have a great weekend with lot of sunshine,
xo
Zuzana

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Donna, your rooster painting is going to look so wonderful in Penny's new home! The daisy painting is looking good too and I'll look forward to seeing it finished.

I'm so ready for spring myself! I have some onions to put in the ground and of course some fruit trees I ordered came yesterday. So I hope it really is warm this weekend so I can do something with them!

Manuela

Donna said...

These are Beautiful Donna!!! You have So much talent!!
Happy weekend to you!!!
hughugs

Ruth Welter said...

Love the rooster and your beautiful daisies Donna...great work.

Ruth

Deb said...

Penny will love the rooster painting! Daisies are one of my favourite flowers ~ your field of daisies painting is just beautiful ♥

Mimi Sue said...

Penny's gonna love that rooster! It's truly gorgeous. Mimi

Angie said...

That rooster is awesome, Donna!! You are such a talented lady! And the daisies are just precious! :)

Catherine Holman said...

Donna,
Lucky Penny! She is going to love this painting. The little daisy one is adorable too!
Hugs,
Cathie

Fifi Flowers said...

FAB paintings!!!

Rhondi said...

Hi Donna
I know Penny will love the painting of the rooster you did for her. It is beautiful and coming from you makes it even more special.
Hugs, Rhondi

Rhondi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.