Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good morning. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.





We enjoyed the Lucama Festival on Saturday, however, we got rained out mid afternoon. It was a good time while it lasted with yummy festival food, vendors, entertainment and a parade. With it's small town atmosphere, Lucama's streets are lined with trees, stately homes, a central park and churches. I wish I would have taken more photos to show you, but we were busy at the booth and seemed to be entertaining all the kids with the marbles!










It was nice to have our daughter, Jen, and hubby and granddaughter come along to spend the day with us and help with the setting up and taking down. Unfortunately, we all got soaked from the rain which came fast and heavy! Weather can be so unpredictable. Thank you Jen, Rob and Maddie! It was a fun day!

10 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a wonderful festival. I am sorry to hear you got rained out! It rained here all weekend too. Today the sun is shining but it is very cool.
Hugs,
Penny

Ruth Welter said...

Donna, I loved seeing your booth photos...so sorry you all got rained out though, that is a bummer.

Ruth

Sherri said...

Donna, the festival sounds wonderful-sorry the rains came. We had a horrible downpour on Saturday with thunder and lightning. Glad I wasn't out in that!

NCmountainwoman said...

I just love those marble drop things. I would have been right there with the kids.

Zuzana said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend despite the rain.;) It rained on my weekend too, sorry to say. But I always think that the nature needs water, so I try to accept it and enjoy it nevertheless.;))
Lovely pictures.;)
xo

Beverly said...

I have to google and see where Lucama is. I hope you made some sales.

Have a great Monday.

Donna said...

That hayride looked Fun!! Rained here to...Hope you sold tons!! Happy day sweetie!hughugs

Unknown said...

What a lovely time you must have had. No matter rain doesn't interfere with enjoying your family. Gee those toys that you created look gorgeous.

Karen

Kelee Katillac said...

What a great family day!! Perfect!!

Stop by love to hear your creative thoughts in the quiz!

love, kelee

Meggie said...

Glad you had a good time in spite of the rain.