Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holidays


We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving day at our daughter's home this year. What a treat! We had the traditional dinner with a big juicy turkey and all the tasty trimmings and it was SO delicious! ~ I think I won't be able to eat for a week!

I am truly thankful for my family.

~~~~~



And now that Thanksgiving Day is over we move on in a flash to the next holiday. Isn't it funny (or sad) how there are Christmas decorations, Christmas trees and even Santa in the mall before Thanksgiving.


In the past we've always put our tree up about two weeks before Christmas. This year I'm in the holiday spirit early. I've been dragging things down from the attic and started decorating.



Below is a small tree I put in the study on top of the desk. It gives such a warm glow to the room at night.



The mantel is decorated with garland and our granddaughter's Christmas stocking.




Some old Christmas song books on the coffee table.



A little sparkly decoration for my paperwhites. The paperwhites are budding already!




And some new little holiday projects for my etsy shop.



Only 26 more days till Christmas!




6 comments:

Zuzana said...

Donna, I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but judging from the lovely picture of your family, it must have been very nice.
I have already put my tree up, I start early as I rather celebrate Christmas the whole December (it makes it last longer) and come January, I am ready for spring.;)
Love all your decorations!:))

Sue said...

Hi Donna...Love the old Christmas song books. I'm in the process of mantel decorating also. I bought the tinniest tree just to have a tree since we'll be spending the holiday with our daughter in Jersey. But atleast for the next three weeks I can celebrate the season.... Bring out all the nutcrackers!!

Fifi Flowers said...

I've got Christmas going up too! It is my FAVORITE holiday!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you had a great time with your family. You know that Christmas stuff was out before Halloween around here. A radio station starts playing Christmas music Nov. 1st. Yikes. Mimi

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Donna, glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Your tree looks beautiful. I usually start to think about putting mine up this week as well.

Ruth

Charlene said...

Your tree is pretty. Yes, I love the glow the lights give a room. I put Christmas up Thanksgiving weekend because it gives me a whole month to enjoy (since it is so much work to put up... we must enjoy) Glad you joined the early Christmas Club.