Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Outside

Well, I went a bit overboard yesterday taking pictures, but I couldn't help myself because it was such a beautiful, warm, sunny day and Otis and Riley and I spent it in the garden.


First I planted some azalea plants that were in pots and needed to be put in the ground.


Otis and Riley were there to help.


The old tomato plant is still producing tomatoes!

The strawberry patch will have to be covered soon.


The rosemary looks wonderful,


as does the anise plant my neighbor gave me.


Then some time to relax and soak up the sun (get that vitamin D),


and read a book.


Even the birds are happy.


Riley's lovin' it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is absolutely fantastico!! And who could ask for better little helpers. You have it made in the shade. :)
Alexandra

Nunnie's Attic said...

Your dogs are too cute!

I can't even imagine having that much sun right now. Let alone thriving plants. How do you use the fresh anise? We slice the bulbs on Christmas Eve as part of our antipasto. I'd love to hear what you do with it.

Love,
Julie

Sheila said...

I imagine your little helpers took up their usual position on the back of the sofa afterwards to rest..!
Your garden is lovely..!

Anonymous said...

Donna,
The Marvels have your blogspot so look for some feedback on those little "Titans"!
Red

Galen B. said...

Donnd,
Tom was telling me at dinner in Ocean City on Tuesday night that as a kid he recalls his mother using the lawn mower to cut back their strawberry patch in the fall.
Love you Galen B.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your photos! So pretty. Congratulations on your new shop. I kow you will do so well. And, your paintings are exquisite.