Friday, January 23, 2015

Winter nesting


 
 
Being a spring and summer kind of person, it's hard for me to get through the winter time.  Today is cold, rainy and dreary, as it has been for awhile.  I push ahead on days like this.  Feeling confined to the house, my nesting gene will usually kick in.  A little decorating, maybe rearranging my dish cupboard, watering my house plants, or baking a pie. 
 
 
 
 
Hubby and I have an ongoing scrabble game, a puzzle on the dining room table, and lots of books to read, not to mention time spent on the computer ~  Pinterest can be addicting as I check out all the home décor, gardening ideas and recipes. 
 
 
 
  Napping is a part of winter time nesting, too.  At least Otis thinks so. 
 
Looking forward to spring, how about you? 
 
 

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I am with you Donna. Have you seen that little saying that says, Christmas is over...I'm ready for summer!

That pretty much sums it up. Well, I'm not ready for summer but I'd love spring to come early. :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I so agree with you! I am not a winter person at all. I love all of the other seasons. Your nesting sounds perfect! Since our house is on the market, it is hard to do any redecorating because we might have a showing at moments notice. In fact we have two tomorrow!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Our weather here has been lovely, but it would be better with rain. We really don't seem to have winter anymore, which might sound nice but really isn't.

I love have a puzzle out but Miss Twiggley does too and has a great time pushing all of the puzzle pieces off of the table! Naughty girl.

Enjoy your cozy home.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks cozy there! I like your idea of having a scrabble game and puzzle ongoing...

MAYBELLINE said...

Not me. I LOVE this time of year. You know I hate the heat and the accompanying "swamp "pants". Perfect time to be out in the garden.

Donna said...

I sincerely can not Wait for Spring! I hate the cold days of Winter~
hughugs