Monday, May 20, 2013

Another raised garden bed

....this makes four.  


Galen built this one for me last week ~ he's such a good hubby.  We filled it with bags of garden soil and now it's ready to be planted.  


 I wasn't sure if I wanted this one for flowers for a cutting garden, or for more veggies.  Maybe I'll do a mix.   


The great thing about raised beds is everything stays neat, and the soil is good from year to year.  Another nice thing is there is not a lot of weeding to be done.  Can't beat it!  

6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love raised beds too Donna. I don't have any here yet, but hope to have a couple built late summer for some fall crops.

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I vote for a mix of veggies and flowers... 'cuz that's what I like to do in my garden ;)

~Chris

Happy@Home said...

I only have one small raised bed, but I love it for all of the reasons you mentioned. It may be small, but tonight we had a salad and steamed broccoli that were grown in that little raised bed.
I can't wait to see what you decide to put in your new one.

Mimi Sue said...

We are doing more and more gardening in raised beds. Loved the little marker for Riley. Your peony picture was gorgeous. Mimi

Donna said...

Those look a Lot easier to work then what I have...good idea!
hughugs

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I totally agree with you about raised beds...they make gardening much easier, especially for veggies. Mine are made out of discarded cinderblock...not as esthetic as wood but it was what I had. Have a lovely holiday weekend.