Thursday, March 21, 2013

English homes and treasured photos

You know how much I love the charming English homes and cottages.  I noticed something the other day as I paged through some of my English Home magazines.  A lot of the rooms in the magazines had family photos in them, clustered on mantels, side tables, on bedroom night stands, and even in the kitchen.  

 The English Home  


 The English Home  

 The English Home  

The English Home  

I've always had treasured family photos here and there around our house, but now I've added even more.  









  It might mean more dusting, but who cares, a small price to pay for the charm!  And besides, I love being surrounded by my family.  

5 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

Love the English Cottage look too. Inside and outside with their beautiful cottage gardens. Family photos are an easy and inexpensive way to decorate I think. Mimi

Pondside said...

You're right - the dusting is a very small price to pay for having the best sort of images close at hand. I have family pictures on many surfaces and walls - they just say 'home' to me.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've always had many photos of my family and extended family on display in my home -- it makes me happy and feel close to them all.

Zuzana said...

Dear Donna, your home resembles an English home. It is hard to tell which is taken from a magazine and which is your own.;)
We too have family images all around the house, indeed, what is better to look at then the smiling faces of your loved ones.;)
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

Unknown said...

This is why I'm drawn to cottages. I think they are so quaint. This one you've shown is definitely one I could admire. Thanks for sharing this interesting post!
Wishing You A Happy Spring!