Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shopping at a farm and garden supply

How often do you go to farm and garden supply to shop and have fun?  Probably not very often.  Well, there is a place in Grifton, NC called Yoder's, owned and operated by the Mennonites.  A restaurant and bakery on one side and the farm and garden supply on the other side.  I think the reason I like this place so much is because it reminds me a little bit of home back in Pennsylvania amongst the Amish and Mennonites.     




Nothing fancy about it, just everything from tea cups to lawn mowers...  



and anything you can think of for the garden.  I'm looking forward to returning in the spring to check out all the plants and vegetables.  











Their bird aisle was stocked to the hilt with all kinds of bird supplies, beautiful bird houses and any kind of birdseed you could think of.  



Not to mention hummingbird feeders in beautiful colored glass.  





And the restaurant served daily specials, fantastic pies (everything made from scratch),  



and the best coffee.  



So you can see why I love coming here.  A little bit of home away from home.  And look at the cute bird house I bought for the garage.  




15 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

What a fabulous place to spend some time! Wish we had something like this around my area :)

~Chris

Angie said...

I want to go there too---I would be in Heaven! Love your birdhouse---how did you come home with only one item???? ;D

Donna said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I can see why you love going to Yoder's! What a joyful, fun place!

D~~~~

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful place to shop! I would love going there.

camp and cottage living said...

Donna
This looks like my kind of store!
I like the windmills!

A Lady's Life said...

So much fun seeing all these things here :)
Love the puppies. They look sweet.

Mimi Sue said...

Last year when we visited Ohio we saw quite a few different businesses that had a Yoder name on them. This place looks like lots of fun! Mimi

Zuzana said...

Seems like a great place and seems like you had fun.;) I too simply enjoy spending a day at any center selling plants, flowers and gardening stuff.;) My mom and me always spend hours at one when they came and visited me.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xoxo

Balisha said...

I love places like that. They always have the best food....and the bird section would have my attention.
Balisha

Babs said...

The farm and garden store looks like a great place to shop...and with a restaurant, too. Homemade pies! Yum!

Donna said...

Oh, That looks like fun! Love the colored trash cans AND pie AND coffee...Hahaaaa
hughugs

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Wow, this is my kind of place! I bet the food is wonderful in the restaurant!

Unknown said...

Thanks to share these garden products.
garden supplies

Unknown said...

i was looking this kind of post from long.. Thanks for sharing information about Garden Supplies ..God bless!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the random things you can find in garden stores. The other day my wife came back with all sorts of things from the crystal lake garden supply store. Now we just have to build a garden.