Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome sunshine


I love the early morning sunshine coming in our kitchen window.  
I love the shadows it makes on the floor when I open the back door.  

I am thankful for little things these days.  

Sometimes I find myself thinking ahead to the day when this long journey will finally be over and feeling that that is when I will truly be happy again.  
Then I tell myself not to think ahead, just enjoy this day.  Today I will be happy.  Today I will enjoy it's beauty.  


I have one more chemo treatment to go.  I'm feeling pretty good right now, almost normal.  My taste buds have returned and I can eat everything I used to.  My fingers are a bit numb but I am thankful I can paint and do my regular housework and gardening.  My toes are numb but at least I can walk.  


Often times it's hard to focus on the right now and enjoy what we have.  I will do that today and enjoy this lovely summer morning.  


13 comments:

Beverly said...

Good day and happy sunshine to you, dear Donna. I hope it keeps shining on you all day.

You are right that we need to live and enjoy the present. I know that it is sometimes hard to see the sun, but it always comes back in our lives.

Catherine Holman said...

A beautiful post from a beautiful lady. Enjoy your sunshine Donna!

Sherri said...

I love your attitude Donna!! We all need to live by those words! ENJOY your beautiful weekend. HUGS!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Well, I am sending you extra sunshine, to store away when you need it most....
xo
Penny

MAYBELLINE said...

Sunshine?! Wish I could send you the abundance I have here. My "sunshine" best wishes will have to do instead.

Mimi Sue said...

We all need to learn that lesson! Enjoy the moment. Excellent idea! I love the morning sun too. Have a great weekend. Mimi

Balisha said...

It's so good to hear that you only have one more treatment to go. I'm sure that food tastes so good to you right now.
Enjoy the weekend.
Balisha

Pondside said...

Hello Donna
One more to go - alleluia!! Soon your feet and hands will feel 'all there' again. I love your outlook - and I wish you every good thing that could possibly come your way this weekend.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I will be happy when you have this behind you, too, Donna! You are keeping a good attitude, and I know it must be hard! Hope you have a wonderful sunny weekend!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How lovely to see the rays of sunshine through your kitchen door and to know that they light up your life. You have been so brave and wonderful through this difficulty and I can only imagine how hard it has been. I wish you good speed on your last treatment and a quick return to wellness. Take care.

Happy@Home said...

This is good advice for all of us. So important to try to live in the present.
How wonderful that food tastes good to you once again.
Your kitchen is so pretty and looks like such a cozy spot. I love a kitchen with a door to the outside in it. How lovely to sit at your table or stand at your sink and look out on your beautiful garden.
Hugs,
Kim

Ruth Welter said...

So glad you are starting to feel better Donna and you can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ruth

The Star Gal said...

Last night I was sitting out on the front porch steps watching the lightning bugs. Hundreds of them. Just one more tiny example of God's creative spirit.

I, too, have to remind myself to choose to be happy. It's hard for me sometimes...but then I just think about all that I do have instead of what I don't have.

Love you. You're gonna make it!

Gloria in Virginia