Saturday, May 19, 2012

Discovery journal


...or should I call it a visionary journal.  I started a journal of pictures and illustrations several years ago after reading the book Simple Abundance by Susan Ban Breathnach.  The same type of journal was also mentioned in the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.  It is a journal filled with anything and everything you love, things that make you feel good, speak to you, stir your imagination, even color.  You simply go through old magazines, catalogs, brochures or books and cut out whatever "speaks to you" and then glue those images into your journal.  




I now have three of these journals.  


Early morning is a good time to go through the pages...and meditate.  


Feeling down?  Open the journal and you will find your thoughts become lighter.  




You will have a sense of joy and contentment.  


Sometimes the pages will spur the imagination.  





One thing for sure....

the pages will always bring you a feeling of happiness.  


8 comments:

Balisha said...

I read Simple Abundance too.I have it by my bedside and still read a portion most days. I haven't read the other book, however. I'll have to check it out. I like the idea of keeping things in a scrapbook. I save articles, old greeting cards and just put them loose in a notebook or a box that I have.
This sounds like a nice winter project.
I hope that you're feeling better. I continue to pray for you.
Balisha

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I think we are soul sisters Donna. I read Simple Abndance and The Secret and really connected to them.

Hope you are feeling strength...
xoxo
Penny

Happy@Home said...

Looks like a great idea, Donna.
I have been clipping inspiring pictures from magazines for years, but they end up in an accordion folder. I did, however, start a journal format with the many Christmas pictures I have clipped. It makes me happy to look at it.
I hope you have been able to enjoy your garden and the nice weather we are currently having in NC.
Hope you are feeling stronger.
Hugs,
Kim

Donna said...

Sort of like the "Wish Board" I've been meaning to start! Love all your ideas Donna...Hope this week was a better one for you sweet friend!
hughugs

Zuzana said...

Beautiful images always have a soothing effect on our mind, have a nice Sunday dear Donna,
xoxo

Mimi Sue said...

The perfect thing to go to when you need a little lift! Loved the Secret too. Hope you are doing well. Hugs to you Mimi

The Star Gal said...

That's exactly what I need to do. Thanks for the tip!

Gloria in Virginia

Babs said...

What a great idea and so good for encouraging creative and positive feelings. Thanks for the idea. Love it!