Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tabletop Gardens


courtesy Lowe's Creative Ideas  

We all love greenery in our homes during the gray days of winter, don't we?  These tabletop gardens are a great way to bring in the green and "soothe the soul".  They were featured in the Lowe's Creative Ideas Home and Garden Magazine that I got in the mail last week.
 
courtesy Lowe's Creative Ideas 

The nice thing is you can use just about any container and move them around and accessorize wherever you like. You can buy the plants, or you can probably find something in your very own garden to bring indoors.

courtesy Lowe's Creative Ideas

Love these!

It's a good thing!  (as Martha would say)  

12 comments:

Donna said...

They Are pretty! Wish I could get organized enough to do one...
Happy week Donna!!
hughugs

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Funny thing Donna, I purchases plants at Lowes 3 weeks ago to do this...since then, one has died and I had to majorly water the other three this morning because I had forgotten about them....AND doing the project ~ I'll get on that right away now :)

Sherri said...

Donna, I just saw a picture of bowls filled with succulents and I was just thinking I should add some tabletop gardens to my home! I also need to fill my small conservatory stand with some lovely small plants and moss, lots of moss!!

Mimi Sue said...

Last fall I bought a large jar at the thrift store to make a terrarium and it's still sitting here waiting for me to get started! Maybe this will inspire me to get going. Mimi

Brenda Pruitt said...

I keep saying I'm going to do this...
Brenda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I need to make something like that for our home here in Florida. We can't have a lot of house plants, but I could put together one of these! ♥

Babs said...

Donna, I got that little magazine and forgot about the little gardens they showed. Now where did I put that magazine? Thanks for the reminder.

Pondside said...

I love the way those little gardens look, and we have a great many succulents.

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful addition to a home, I should definitely consider these.;))
xoxo

camp and cottage living said...

Donna
This is just what I need! With so many months here until spring actually appears, it would bring the needed garden feel.

Barb said...

Hi Donna, they are so pretty. I used to have one of these years ago...may have to create another. You have inspired me!

Barb ♥

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

They are pretty! It's something I've always wanted to do.