Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Is it spring?

......because today sure feels like it.  It's 65 degrees and climbing.  


The garden was calling me early this morning and as I walked outside with my coffee it was the best feeling in the world.  Can you tell I'm so ready for spring?  I did some weeding and as you can see the garden still has a winter look, but I see some periwinkle blooming and the iris, daffodils and foxglove are up and spreading.


This is a great time for planning the garden.  I've already ordered some rose bushes and will separate some clumps of daisies and verbena to move to other places in the garden.


Otis and Riley were ready for a walk and so was I on this beautiful sunny day.  They enjoyed running around at the rec center and played in the clover.


Yes, it feels just like a spring day!


Hope you're enjoying the weather where you live!  

7 comments:

Donna said...

Oh! There's the Boys! Been a while since they've been out!
Love your yard Donna!
hughugs

Happy@Home said...

It sure does feel like spring in NC! Your yard already looks so pretty. We just ordered a few garden related things to get the vegetable garden going again.
The guys look so happy (& cute) enjoying this nice day.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Like spring here too Donna. I filled the urns by my door with viola's and then weeded the raised beds.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's really beautiful here in Florida! We've had such a mild winter! ♥♥♥

Claudia said...

Donna, I am so ready for spring! Today, when the temps were in the 50's here in upstate NY, I could have sworn spring was just around the corner!

xo
Claudia

Ruth Welter said...

Your yard is looking lovely already Donna. I have to say, I'm so ready for spring myself, it cannot get here soon enough. Here is keeping our fingers crossed at any rate.

Ruth

La Vie Quotidienne said...

It has been unseasonally warm here too...alas, we really need some rain. Like you I have been working in the garden, pruning,cleaning up and weeding. Also projects such as a new gravel path ~ there is always something to do in the garden!