Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas cookies


Did I tell you the elves are helping me bake Christmas cookies?


That's why I'm getting so many different kinds baked, and having so much fun! You should ask them to come to your house.

The cookies in the above photo are Spritz cookies (little butter cookies made with a cookie press). The cookies below are Lemon Bars. My family loves Lemon Bars.



Some of you have asked for the Peanut Blossoms recipe. Here it is~



Peanut Blossoms


1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Hershey Kisses

Cream butter and peanut butter, gradually add sugar and brown sugar, cream well. Add the egg and vanilla, beat well. Blend in dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Shape into balls. Roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, then put a Hersheys Kiss on top of each cookie and press down lightly. Return to oven 2 to 5 minutes longer.


You will love these!



Enjoy!


7 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Donna
I could use some little elves here.
They sure made some yummy looking cookies for you!

Mimi Sue said...

My husband loves peanut blossoms. Send the elves over. I could use some help this year. Mimi

Catherine Holman said...

Yummy! I'm starting my baking tomorrow, so send those elves my way!
Hugs,
Cathie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your cookies look so good, Donna!

I'm giving my elves a break this year as we are all dieting for my daughter's spring wedding.

Zuzana said...

Oh, I need to get me some of those elves to help.;)) The cookies look delicious and so pretty too.;))
xoxo

Angie said...

Oh please, oh please send those adorable little elves to my house!!! I'm in desperate need of 'elf' assistance---it's mid-December and the days are in a mad rush, headlong, to DECEMBER 24, and I'm woefully behind...

Donna said...

OMWord Girl! Hubby's going to be making More cookies this weekend!Hahaaaa....I'll throw this recipe in front of him as well...!!
hughugs