Thursday, October 27, 2011

Let me hang on to summer just a little bit longer, please

I know this cooler weather is lovely, but I'm not quite ready to let go of summer. Do you ever feel that way this time of year?



I mowed the grass today and the sun felt so warm and wonderful, and when I was digging in the garden it just felt like summer.....oh, beautiful summer. Otis and Riley played in the back yard as the butterflies flittered around. It was pure delight!


The forecast is calling for colder weather on the weekend. I guess I will have to change my way of thinking and focus on sitting by a warm fire, snug as a bug in a rug.



Have a good weekend everyone!






5 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I know exactly what you mean. I think summer was sooo hot, it was hard to enjoy. I would love to hold onto this fall a little longer before it gets too cold. It is suppose to snow about an hour north of me this weekend at the Tennessee/NC border.

Pondside said...

Summer is well and truly gone from these shores, but we've had a lovely autumn. We really had no summer to speak of up here, so it's good that autumn offered some recompense.

Donna said...

I usually love Summer days but not after this Last one...too hot and dry here...
LOVE the photos!
Have a great weekend!
hughugs

Beverly said...

Summer was so hot this year that I am glad it is over. I am enjoying every second of autumn, and I'm not in one bit of hurry to be freezing.

Sherri said...

I hear you Donna! The weather here right now in Charlotte is gloomy. The cold is suppose to follow :(. Have a nice weekend and stay warm!!