Monday, August 8, 2011

Sparkling crystal


I have always loved crystal. Something about the way the light makes it sparkle.

Whenever I see crystal baubles in antique shops or flea markets I will usually pick a few up and bring them home with me.

Here's an idea for you if you have one of those ...umhum...ugly overhead light fixtures on your ceiling. Add some crystals! The photo below is taken of the ceiling light in our bedroom. I've used an assortment of crystals and will add more as I get them. Gives it the look of a chandelier.








12 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love crystal too...like you said, there is just something so wonderful about the way it catches light. I even have a crystal chandelier outside on one of my decks. We put it together out of s cast-off pieces...fun.

Brenda Pruitt said...

That's a great idea!
Brenda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful idea Donna!! I love that.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That looks wonderful, Donna! Such a fun idea!

Sherri said...

Great idea Donna! I love crystals!

Happy@Home said...

I agree that crystal is so pretty. I love your idea for the light fixture.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

So pretty and great idea. Have a wonderful week.

Sandy

Beverly said...

I'm with you on these. I love the sparkle and glitter. And, I love the little prisms they create around a room.

Pat said...

Nice. I was just looking at your "dove cove" not that's really sharp...love it on the house. Cats can't get to it.

Donna said...

And the shops know Just where to place them in their front windows to Draw Me IN!!Hahahaaa
hughugs

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea! Crystals just have a magical, sparkly feel about them!

Mimi Sue said...

What a great idea! I love sparkly crystal too. Mimi