Saturday, February 5, 2011

Surrounded by books....


One can never have too many books.





Yesterday when I was cleaning, I decided to line the top of the desk in the study with books. The room already has a lot of books, in the tall book shelf in the corner and others scattered here and there, why not a few more on top of the desk?




And, as I sit here today at the desk doing some paperwork, I realize how happy I am to be surrounded by books!



Books are the most quietest and most constant of friends;
they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors,
and the most patient of teachers.
~Charles W. Eliot



8 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love books too and like to use them, as you have here, as decorating acessories...there is something so homey and comfortable about books. My favorite place to go is to the library.(-:

Verde Farm said...

We love our books too. I don’t think I could have a Kindle as I just love holding a book. PS-I got a wonderful package in the mail yesterday!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vase of flowers you painted. It is going in my cottage and will be perfect there :) Will be in touch about sign for chicken house too.
Hugs, Amy

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Well you KNOW I love this posting.

I so love the quote and also this one:

My books are friends that never fail me."

Thomas Carlyle

Sending love across the miles,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Pat said...

Interesting quote about books and friends.
I'm dieing to see the whole desk.
Love the darker woods...rich looking.

Linda said...

Donna, like you, books just make me happy! I have them all over the house!

Mimi Sue said...

I love books too. To read and to decorate with. Mimi

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You know I love books! And I love this quote..
Hugs,
Penny

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I agree! Books are among my best friends :) I loved peeking at your book titles.