Friday, January 7, 2011

Pretty in pink

My last post was on the fresh, crisp, refreshing color of white...(and green), but, since it's still the middle of winter, sometimes too much white can make you shiver when the cold of the evenings set in.



Pink, I think, is the perfect color to bring warmth and elegance to a room. Of course, choosing the right shade of pink is very important. It should have a slight chaulkiness like the inside of a conch shell.





If you pick the right shade of pink it can warm the chilliest of rooms.





No overdoing it, just a few accessories placed here and there. This pretty pink plate is part of a set that was given to me as an engagement gift from my mother-in-law.





I've added this grapevine of pink shiny baubles entwined in my dining room chandelier....just a little bit of pink whimsy.





You'll discover that pink is a very convenient color that can be used throughout the year, too. It warms and cheers in the winter and does well with sunshine, fresh breezes and blooming roses in the summer.





Your room can be pretty in pink!

It's a warm, cheery and happy color.



13 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

All of your shades of pink are lovely Donna.

Did you know that Honeysuckle - Pantones color of the year for 2011 is a shade of pink?
Hugs,
Penny

Beverly said...

Ah, Donna. You know I love this post. Everything looks so pretty.♥

You should link up to Pink Saturday this week.

Vintage Gal said...

Love this post Donna ~ pink is my favourite colour!
Marianne

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Such a pretty post and you have hit upon my favorite color for decorating...I love pink in all it's variations and it shows up somewhere is just about every room in my house and especially in the garden. Lovely photos.(-:

Sherri said...

I love the touches of pink! I think Otis and Reilly love the pink too!

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, beautiful. Pink is rapidly becoming my new favorite color. Loved looking at your sweet comforts.

Happy New Year!

Mimi Sue said...

I do love pink especially paired with shades of green. Your Otis and Riley are adorable bookends on your sofa. Mimi

Janean said...

i adore the warm pinks like you showed....very calming and pretty!!!

Ruth Welter said...

Well, I love the pinks and the crisp whites from the below post but my favorite are Otis and Riley on the top of the couch, that cracks me up.

Ruth

Sheila said...

Your home looks warm and cosy Donna. I really like the chalky pinks too. Otis and Riley look quite comfy on the back of the sofa. That's where our cats always slept.
hugs
xx

Cherrie said...

I love pink your room is very pretty!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful, beautiful pink colour in your home, love the seashell.;))
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lovely post about pinks! Have a pretty day!