Friday, December 10, 2010

tis the season to be jolly.......

Fa, la la la la la la la la

I'm doing two of my most favorite things today ~ mixing batches of Christmas cookies (which I will be baking with my sister tomorrow at her Cookie Baking Party at her house, and.....







getting Christmas cards ready to be mailed to family and friends.

So, my kitchen looks a mess but what fun it is to mix cookies and listen to holiday music.

And.....Christmas cards....do you still send them? I know a lot people have stopped this ritual, but to me it's a very special part of the holiday season.






This morning I pulled out my box of ribbon that was somehow forgotten in the decorating stage of the Christmas tree, and I added a red and gold striped ribbon to the tree.




Then I went outside and gathered together some of the evergreen branches left over from the Christmas tree and made some wreaths for the back doors.





So simple.....just put a bunch of greens together and tie with a ribbon at the top.



I also added some greens to the basket of pine cones on the back porch bench, and tucked in some nandina berries. The birds will eventually come in on the porch and eat the berries.




Well,........I better get back to mixing up more cookie dough.
I hope to visit all of my dear blogging friends this evening when I finally have a chance to sit down and take a break!
Enjoy your day!
Donna

12 comments:

Happy@Home said...

I am doing the exact same thing today. Although I think my kitchen is a bit messier because I'm also baking them. In between batches I'm writing cards. I still send them and enjoy receiving them.
Your wreaths and greens look very pretty.
Enjoy your weekend.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

You have been a very busy bee today. Your kitchen looks so appealing I can understand why you enjoy baking in such a lovely space. I still send out Christmas cards...before my husband passed away we always sent out a letter featuring a photo of the garden...maybe someday I will do that again. Love the ribbon on your tree.(-:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

visiting son made my cookies this year......still typing with one hand.....sounds like a perfect day...
xo

Anonymous said...

Nothing better to put you in the holiday spirit than cookie baking and holiday music in the background. I still send cards to close friends and family. Love your beautiful tree!

Mumzie said...

I love your kitchen! I will be doing the same, only next week. Plan to get our tree tomorrow and our decorating will be finalized. Have a great weekend. Mumzie

Sherri said...

Donna, I love the swag you made out of the Christmas Tree branches that were cut off! I love simplicity in decorating-just so pretty on your door! Have fun making cookies with your sister tomorrow! I'll be making cookies with the daughters on Sunday. Should be fun!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home looks so festive and welcoming, Donna~ I'd love to be baking there! I do send out Christmas cards each year and love to receive them, too!

Zuzana said...

Thank you for conveying the warmth of your Holiday home in images and words.;)) Have a lovely weekend dear Donna,
xoxo

Catherine Holman said...

I'm hoping to make cookies and candy today with my sister and mother. I need to get these in the mail to my son in Spain which should have been sent two weeks ago.
Merry Christmas!
Cathie

Mimi Sue said...

My house is a happy mess too. Must be the season. Mimi

Angie said...

I can smell those cookies baking from here. :) My sisters and I used to do the annual cookie baking get-together at my mom's. Sacred tradition. Treasured memories. Your decorations are so beautiful, Donna! I think I'll just spend Christmas with you and 'the boys'. :D Think Santa will find me if I'm at your house? ;)

Cherrie said...

I still send Christmas cards and do a Christmas letter also.