Friday, August 13, 2010

painting ~ art




I've always loved art.
I love painting and I love art galleries.


My Dad was an artist ~ a commercial artist. I can remember when I was young, going downstairs and walking into his studio and sitting at his art desk. I loved the smell of the room ~ and I loved picking up a pencil and drawing on a tablet that he had nearby. He had a carousel that was filled with paint brushes, pencils, erasers, and paper clips. Sometimes I'd organize it for him.



That was many years ago.




I try to paint often, at least once or twice a week. This week I sat down and did some sketches.




And then painted.




These are acrylics and watercolor on watercolor paper.


Just a few simple little paintings ~

passing the time.


Enjoy your weekend!
Donna

12 comments:

Happy@Home said...

I've always thought it would be so nice to be able to sit and paint or draw. In your case, I would imagine it is very satisfying to see such lovely results and it must also make you feel close to your dad.
Your latest paintings are all so cute.
To answer your recent question, I don't know the name of the little pumpkin plant. I bought it in the spring at the plant sale I went to at UNC-Charlotte. They had a sign saying it would grow little decorative pumpkins. I went out there to see if there was a tag by it (if they come with them, I stick them in the ground near the plant)but, sorry to say there isn't one.

Joan said...

Donna - I wish I could pass the time with your kind of talent.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am in love with all of your paintings. I loved hearing about your dad. My dad was an architect and he had an office at home too. His type of "art" inspired me to be creative in mosaics and decorating.
xo
Pwnny

Cherrie said...

I like Ms. Sun!

Catherine Holman said...

What sweet little paintings!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Love your paintings....love your memories of your dad too!! How's that bookcase coming?!!
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Donna your paintings are so pretty and the memories you shared make them even more special. If I could not be creative I would be lost. Have a wonderful weekend!

Ruth Welter said...

Love your new paintings Donna, the tree especially is my favorite I think.

Ruth

Donna said...

These are Very Pretty Donna!
Isn't it wonderful to recall those kinds of memories? My Dad was a Chiropractor and I remember ditting at his big desk staring at the mock skeleton in the corner of the room...Hahaaa...
Happy weekend!
hughugs

Pat said...

Sounds like a great childhood working along side of Dad.
Your painting look more like watercolors and not acrylics ...how did you do that ?
I've been playing with acrylics and realized I stink !

Kerrie said...

I just enjoyed catching up with your recent posts and had fun! Love everything! Hugs, K