Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farmers Market and Dick's Hot Dog Stand


I love farmer's markets.
Our downtown just opened a new one this year, and the nice thing about it, is that it's within walking distance to our house.
Every Wednesday we can walk downtown and buy fresh produce.




I couldn't pass up the corn this week. Yum! Fresh corn on the cob.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another fun place in our downtown is Dick's Hot Dog Stand. A famous landmark in Wilson, it's been operating since 1921.
Over 89 years of serving the "best hot dog ever"!





There's a celebrity wall too.
From presidents, to movie stars, to local celebrities.
I love the decor, especially these bright lime green booths!




And they really do serve a delicious hot dot!




Enjoy your weekend, everybody!


Don't forget to enter my giveaway. You still have time. Just leave a comment here.
I'll announce the winner on Monday.


Donna

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! That looks delicious and like a lot of fun! Have a great weekend! ;-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love farmers markets too...I have my own garden, but I can't grow everything, so it is great to visit the market every week. That corn looks great, but I really want that hot dog and fries!

Sherri said...

Donna, I guess you and I have the same thoughts about Farmer's Market-I Love Them!! John and I just came back from the one in Matthews, NC. I got lots of goodies! That hot dog looks wonderful!!

Happy@Home said...

How nice to have a farmer's market close enough to walk to. The corn looks soooo good.
Dick's looks like a fun spot to visit.
Enjoy your weekend.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

That certainly looks like a great 'dog! We'll have to put in on our lists of what to do!! Love farmer's markets - we had one in our town today, but, I missed it - had a karate tournament today instead. Have a super weekend Donna...enjoy that corn for us!

Janean said...

we discovered *chili slaw dogs* in atlanta and have made them for our missouri friends. they're a hit.

cracked up at the hotdog man in the second picture of dicks hotdog joint pictures. he reminds me of the drive-ins we used to go to as a kid!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful images dear Donna; all your pictures has just made me hungry.;) I better get some lunch.;) I hope you are having a lovely Sunday,
xoxo

Angie said...

Yum!!! I would like some of all of it, please. :)

Meggie said...

A new farmer's market...within walking distance...and an old hot dog stand with great "dogs," who could ask for anything more?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site donnas-art.blogspot.com
Is this possible?