Friday, April 16, 2010

Antiquing in Selma, NC



Selma, North Carolina is a small town that's filled with antique shops and interesting and fun things to do (click on the link above and see what I mean). My sister and I and my daughter's mother-in-law spent the day there earlier this week to celebrate my daughter's mother-in-law's birthday. The three of us always take each other out on our birthdays.





Antique shops line both sides of the streets in Selma.




This shop on Railroad Street is one of my favorite places. "Railroad Street Antiques and Collectibles". Very inviting with the flower box out front overflowing with ivy. (my sister below)





This shop below was on Raiford Street. I forget the name but there were so many wonderful things inside. I wish I would have taken more photos, but I was too busy looking.





We stopped at The Cakery for lunch. Not only did they serve cake, but yummy sandwiches and homemade soups.




We had Three Tier Strawberry Cake and coffee outside in the warm sunshine.


me and my daughter's mother-in-law

I must show you one of the things I bought (below). I fell in love with this teeny weeny tea cup with a parrot on the handle ~ $3.00.


And this wire vase made me smile. "Dance among the Flowers" ~ had to have it. $8.00.



I also bought the paperweight on the first photo.



Ok, getting back to Selma....we stopped here to take photos and have a sip of coffee. Isn't it pretty? Love the birdhouse and old wrought iron fence.





This was the last place of the day.
We spent SO much time in here. The three of us were the very last ones to leave. They didn't mind a bit they said! And they even helped us carry all our things to the car.




We ended the day with a very nice dinner nearby.


What a lovely day!

13 comments:

Cherrie said...

I love the bird houses! Sounds like you had a fun day!

Meggie said...

Looks like a perfect day to me. What fun. LOVE your little tea cup!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That looks like a wonderful place to spend time in! Your little teacup is precious.

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you all had fun! My idea of a perfect day. Mimi

Catherine Holman said...

What a lovely way to spend a birthday! My hubby and I are thrift shopping tomorrow.
Hugs,
Cathie

Sherri said...

Hi Donna! What a wonderful day y'all had! I love places like that! Enjoy your weekend.

Ruth Welter said...

Loved the photos Donna, what a wonderful place. I particularly love the bird house you took a picture of.

Ruth

Zuzana said...

Lovely pictures dear Donna, glad you had a great day.
The street view images remind me very much of the Ninth Street in Durham, N.C.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xo

Donna said...

Love all the pretties!! What a fun day y'all had!!
You closed it down!Hahaa...Only way to shop!!
hughugs

Sheila said...

What a fun way to celebrate someone's birthday.It looks like a fun place to visit. We have a few towns like this around us here, and they always make for a fun day out. Especially when I am with MY sister..!
big hugs
xx

Kerrie said...

Oh, I am so jealous! wish I had been right along with you-ha! hugs, Kerrie

Happy@Home said...

That looks like the perfect way to spend a girl's day out. Selma appears to be a great place for antiquing. It's so nice when there are several different shops to visit. Love your sweet little teacup.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful day out with your extended family, Donna! I love each antique that you purchased.