Friday, March 26, 2010

Peonies

acrylic on wood
26 x 20

I was comissioned to do a painting of peonies.  This painting is on wood panels, 26 x 20.

It will be hung in a baby's room, I'm told.  Doesn't that sound pretty?  A baby's room decorated with the soft pink colors of peonies.

Lovely, lovely peonies.  Such a beautiful flower.  I found this poem about peonies I thought I'd share.


The Peony Bush

'Twas the peony bush
there in my garden
That made you turn around
and smile at me.
Not the zinnias or gardenias
with their fragrant perfume,
Forget-me-nots in fancy pots
or orchids in a-bloom;
But the peony bush
there in my garden,
It did the trick
As quick as one-two-three.
Please decorate
my garden gate forever
And never will there be any bush
But the peony bush for me.

14 comments:

Beverly said...

Donna, wow! It is gorgeous!!!

I planted peonies, and I am so hoping they come up this year.

Sheila said...

Lovely work donna.
I'm looking forward 'til mine are in flower.
hugs
xx

Donna said...

Oh Donna, thats gorgeous!!!
hughugs

Sherri said...

Donna, what a beautiful painting of peonies!!! You did an amazing job. I can't think of anything more beautiful for a nursery. Keep up the good work!!

Happy@Home said...

What a pretty room for a sweet baby. Your painting will be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Deb said...

Such a sweet painting for a babies room ♥ I love peonies ~ last year we planting another peony bush so I won't mind cutting some for inside the house :-)Your paintings are absolutely gorgeous Donna.

Ruth Welter said...

Gorgeous Donna, so soft and beautiful.

Ruth

Zuzana said...

Very beautiful, so gentle and a perfect addition to a nursery.;)
Have a lovely weekend dear Donna,
xo
Zuzana

Cherrie said...

They are just so beautiful!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a wonderful painting - you've captured them well...what a lucky little babe to have that painting in thier room!
What a sweet poem as well - peonies are on of our favorites. We were just reading about it - did you know that the ants that crawl about the peonies actually help the flower bloom? We thought that was interesting!
Have a super weekend Donna!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Donna,

Oh my goodness - your peonies are beautiful - such pretty soft colors for a child's room - just perfect.
Have a lovely week.
Blessings,
Erin

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Gorgeous painting and how wonderful to be hung in a babies room. They are my favorite flower. Have a wonderful week.

Sandy

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Such beautiful work! Lovely blog....LaurieAnna

Anita said...

I so love peonies...this is wonderful :)