Sunday, February 21, 2010

A taste of spring


Ahhhhh..........early morning coffee on the patio. Even though it's the middle of February, it was one of those sunny mornings that felt like a spring day.

Absolute joy.



Spring fever has just set in and taken over. I want to do a million things in the garden.




Otis and Riley enjoyed the warm sun as temperatures reached the mid 60's. It was the kind of day you want to spend outside ~ all day. And we did.





One of the things I like to do this time of year is dig up a hyacinth that has started to push up through the winter ground ~ I put it in a pretty flower pot and bring it inside. I love the smell of hyacinths.



Spring cannot come soon enough for me.
I'm thankful for a beautiful day like this to enjoy in the middle of winter.

7 comments:

Sherri said...

It is a beautiful day Donna! I love the smell of hyacinths also! Enjoy!

Rhondi said...

Hi Donna
Wasn't it a beautoful weekend? we got lots of work done in the yard and enjoyed eating our lunch outside. That is a great idea digging up a hyacinth!
Hugs, Rhondi

Tara said...

Oh, gosh, Donna, send it up here, please!

Zuzana said...

Enjoy your early spring.;)) Here we still have winter.;) Just received fresh snow over night.;)
xo
Zuzana

Happy@Home said...

Your day sounds about like mine. So delightful to be out in that warm, fresh air. I'm so glad you shared your idea for the hyacinth bulb. I never would have thought to do that, but what a great idea. I'll have to remember to try it.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

hooray! It's so good to see that there is some green popping up somewhere!!

Fifi Flowers said...

Oooh Spring is FAB!!! LOVE that coffee cup!