Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Otis and Riley and a painting

A nice rain fell last night and this morning everything smelled so fresh! Otis and Riley were not sure they wanted to come outside because they didn't want to get their feet wet. They needed a little coaxing.




Riley had a drink from a small puddle he found on the picnic table.




Then it was back inside and they resumed their positions on the back of the sofa.







~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I spent some time painting ~ a beach scene (watercolor).




I painted this one specifically for a gift shop at the beach where I've been selling my note cards ~ the Shell Island Resort in Wrightsville Beach, NC. I'm thrilled they're doing so well, and beachy things are always fun to paint.

12 comments:

Zuzana said...

Beautiful beach, makes me want to be there...
My cat lies the same way on my sofa; it is funny how animals find comfort in the strangest places.;)

Happy@Home said...

Such cute pictures of "the guys". I especially like how the 2 of them are both enjoying the back of the couch at the same time.

Your beach picture is adorable.

Deb said...

How exciting to be selling your beautiful cards at a gift shop! I love the watercolour beach scene card ~ so pretty. Wishing you tons of success Donna.
♥ to Otis & Riley who always look adorable :-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I just love Otis and Riley! Your painting is wonderful. I am thrilled to hear about the success of selling them at the gift shop..
Hugs,
Penny

Sherri said...

Donna, Otis and Reilly are just the cutest little doggies!! They are great! Love the beach painting! When I go to the beach Wrightsville is where I usually go. Our friends have a client with a condo right on the beach. We might go down for a visit in Sept.

Sue said...

I always love seeing the boys together, they always put a smile on my face...your very lucky to have two such adorable family members....I also loved your watercolor of the beach...I could use a beach fix....

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Pretty notecards - what a great thing to bring home after vacation! Keep cool Miss Donna!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Donna,
Have missed coming by seeing Otis and Riley! Posh and Becks are the same after a good rain and lick all the water off the deck - even with a full bowl of water inside. Go figure.
LOVE that watercolor painting!
Hope you are well. Have a great day!
Sandy

Meggie said...

Such funny canines! Lovely sketch for the notecard, Donna!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling us where we may purchase your paintings. We are in Wrightsville often and now I know where to go.
Thank you

Catherine Holman said...

What a sweet painting and I love the way Otis and Riley lay together like bookends.
Hugs,
Cathie

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooh they are soooo CUTE!!! ENJOY time with your sister!
Fifi