Monday, October 6, 2008

Cameron, North Carolina, and an award

The historic town of Cameron, NC had their annual fall Antique Street Fair on Saturday. Hubby and I headed over to my sister's house for the weekend.


First was a stop at Starbucks for a cup of coffee. Otis and Riley love to stop at drive-in windows.


Of course, the guys opted to play golf while my sister and I planned to spend the whole day at the fair. Cameron is just south of Chapel Hill and Raleigh. We cross Lake Jordan.



Cameron is a small village with beautiful historic homes and wonderful antique shops. The fair is held every year ~ spring and fall.


This is the historic Muse Bros. Country Store.


Venders were lined up all along main street and in vacant lots.



Beautiful antique linens.




See these two hurricane lamps with the dangling crystals.........that's right, they came home with me.






This is Miss Belle's Tea Room and Antiques. We were going to have lunch here but the wait was too long so we decided to do it another time.
Isn't Miss Belle's a beautiful place?



More fun things.
The fair ended at 5:00pm and my sister and I were there till the very last minute. What a wonderful day! We met up with the guys, had a nice dinner and headed home the next morning.





This I bought at the fair too. Couldn't resist!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Award!


This morning while checking my email, I noticed that sweet Suzanne at painterofthepast gave me an award. The Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you, Suzanne! I'm honored and delighted that you thought of me. And I will pass this on to everyone, since all of you are creative in different ways and that's what makes visiting each and everyone of one of you such a joy!

18 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Donna, that looks like such a charming town. And the fair goodies looked wonderful! I would like to visit there during a fair sometime.
Hugs,
Penny

Sheila said...

What a great way to spend the weekend. And with your sister!
We just got back on Saturday evening, I thought of you as we drove through North Carolina.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of a charming town. There are so many of them across our country. I live in NJ and the leaves are just starting to turn. Love autumn, just love it.

The picture of Otis & Riley at the drive through is so cute. Our dog loves drive throughs too... when we eat in the car we call it Cafe Volvo.

Jan said...

That is my kind of place and activities. Lovely lovely Donna. So quaint and beautiful and charming.

Enjoy the dogs. They are such a special part of our lives. Cute pictures.

Naturegirl said...

Donna I love these types of outings with all these goodies to look and shop for! Love your purchases especially the watering can!! Boys will be boys and golf and girls will be girls and {{{{{SHOP!! }}}}}

Anonymous said...

Oh, Donna! We love Cameron, too. And, we have eaten at Miss Belle's many times. My husband also loves the soda fountain in the "hardware" store.

I love your purchases - both of them.

julie king said...

the antique fair looks like so much fun! i love to do that sort of thing, especially on a sunny day! i'm jealous of the hurricane lamps you bought. big sigh!

Catherine Holman said...

That looks like so much fun and I love all the old buildings and homes.
Hugs,
Cathie

Happy@Home said...

Hi Donna,
I have never heard of Cameron, but I am making a note to visit sometime. It looks charming.
Otis & Riley at the drive thru window - simply precious!!

Hugs,
Kim

Meggie said...

The Antique Street Fair looks like fun. I LOVE the hurricans...very classy and very useful during a power outage.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip to a lovely town. I love your photographs, I feel like I was right there with you. Congratulations on your award. Karen

Rhondi said...

Hi Donna
What a charming town. I'd love to go to that fair the next time they have it. What a wonderful time you had!
Hugs, Rhondi

carolyn said...

Thanks for the trip round that charming town.

Charlene said...

What a great time you must have had. You got some good stuff too!

bj said...

I just love this award..congratulations!
I'm not one speck creative but I love your blog so may I have it, too???
love, bj

Donna said...

I know...I've been MIA lately...and what do I see when I check In???Hahahaaa...I LOVE the "boys" looking at the drive-thru window!!! Had to show everyone!!hahaa...Happy weekend sweetie!hughugs
PS- Congratulations on the Award!! You ARE Creative!!!hughugs

Linda said...

What a great looking town. I would love to have been there looking at all that was offered.

Anonymous said...

The booth with the vintage lines would be where I would have parked myself!