So here is the BEFORE.
This is the fabric I chose. It's a soft tan color, like sand, or a cafe latte! I bought seven yards of fabric (the charts listed 5 - 7 yards), and I'm glad I bought seven because there wasn't much left, and it allowed for mistakes (which I did make a few)! I found that the worse part for me was sewing the seat cover. Everything else was stapled or tacked.
These are the tools I used ~ staple gun, scissors, nails, tacks, and a hammer. (Also a sewing machine.)
Here it is AFTER! Finished!!!
Here's a side view. Of course, there are a few mistakes (hopefully no one else can see them) and it's not perfect, but to me it's like a new chair!
I've decided to move my new chair into the bedroom in a cozy little corner where I can read at night.
So if you have a project that seems too tough to tackle, just do it! I wasn't sure how this would turn out but took the challenge and I'm happy I did!