Monday, April 28, 2008

A package, for me!

Sitting right there on the doorstep was a box addressed to me, and guess who it's from?

Rosie, at rosieswhimsy! I was so excited!!! Rosie is a very special person and one of my daily visits. She has a wonderful blog about her home and garden and a great etsy shop! Be sure to take some time to visit her.

I wanted to tear right into the box, but first I went and got my camera.





I opened the box and there was pretty red tissue paper...





I opened the card and there was a sweet note from Rosie...




She sent me this for no reason other than to say "I'm special". A random act of kindness from dear Rosie.
And here is the surprise ~ a beautiful handsewn bag in a soft green fabric with white roses! It's beautiful!


I love it!

Look at all the detail! I love the accent rose! And there's a pocket inside with a zipper!


And that's not all...





She also sent me a lovely handsewn apron in more beautiful fabric, and it has a big pocket in the front!

Thank you, Rosie, for your sweet act of kindness and your thoughtfulness. You made my day!

13 comments:

Deb said...

What a beautiful thought and idea. Your "I'm special" present is gorgeous.

Catherine Holman said...

What a wonderful surprize! I love your new header!
Hugs,
Cathie

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I am so glad you like your surprise!

Life needs to be full of goo surprises, don't you think?

((hugs)) Rosie

Donna said...

What a wonderful thing for her to do!!! Beautiful!!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

A special gift from a special person to a special person. Each item is lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise for you Donna. Who knew we would all be running for our cameras every time a package arrives? :) Loved seeing your garden pics. I haven't planted anything yet but spinach. But plan to plant next week. ~ Lynn

Mary said...

So pretty! Rosie is such a sweetie, isn't she?
xoxo,
Mary

Rhondi said...

Hi Donna
What a lucky girl you are! It seems every blog I am reading today is praising the generosity of fellow bloggers. ENjoy your presents.
HUgs, Rhondi

Unknown said...

Wow, lucky girl, such a beautiful surprise. I wrote about your lovely painting today on my post. So, stop by when you get a chance and see how nice my painting looks on my mantle. Karen

Susie Q said...

Rosie is a wonder isn't she? I think she is pretty special and talented!
Just like you!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

What delightful treats, and best of all the treat of having a friend who would think of you and send them your way.

Here's to friends!

Warmest wishes,
firefly

Suzanne said...

How sweet and thoughtful! It's so nice to receive surprises!

Unknown said...

How sweet! I love it!!