Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What is a garden?


There's nothing like being in the garden to make things right again. With the sun shining, a cup of coffee in hand...out to the garden I go to do some puttering. A little bit of digging, watering, weeding and smelling the flowers and I feel much better. Otis and Riley are happy too.



It reminds me of a card that I framed years ago about paradise in the garden.


"What was Paradise?
but a garden,
an orchard of trees
and herbs, full of
pleasure, and nothing
there but delights."
William Lawson














And that's what my garden is to me ~ nothing there but pleasure and delights!

7 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Donna, your yard looks great. Can I teleport down there and lay in the sun for a while? I bet the warm sun feels just wonderful!

((hugs)) Rosie

Donna said...

Come on down Rosie!

Sheila said...

Your garden is beautiful. I can hardly wait for Spring to arrive (properly I mean..!) so that I can putter and weed and play.
Your two little helpers look very happy.
hugs
xx

Tara said...

What a great spot where the chaise is! How nice to repose there in late afternoon! Lucky you!

:0)
Tara

Mary said...

Donna,

Your garden is so much more lush than mine. We've been in Charlotte for two years and I have wish lists :o) We're working on it.

I love your quote and your view. Simply wonderful, accented by a lounge chair...ahhh.

Mary

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Donna, I need to get out in the garden! I have been spending time inside painting and rearranging...Time to go out. Your garden looks so inviting.
Penny

Donna said...

Your yard is SO lovely!! My black thumb just won't turn green!! hughugs