Monday, January 7, 2008

Can sunshine heal?


I wonder about the healing powers of the sun. Can the sun heal the body?

Yesterday (an unseasonably warm day) I was able to enjoy the outdoors and the wonderful sun, after being cooped up inside for the past week dragging myself around the house coughing, blowing my nose and trying to get rid of a headache. I headed straight for the lounger. As I closed my eyes I could feel the warmth penetrating my achy body ~ pure heaven. Fresh clean air cleared my sinuses. A soft breeze moved through the tinkling windchine, a peacefulness beyond words.

If this isn't a healing power, I don't know what is. I remember my Dad saying how the sun would always help his aching muscles and make him feel better (he had hemophelia and would suffer from a lot of pain). I believe he was right. And despite all the controversy about the effects of the sun, to me, in moderation, the sunshine is truly a healing force (for the mind and the body)!

5 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

We are supposed to have one of those today and I am so hoping to get all my sewing alterations done in time to clean some debris up in the flower beds. I'm not sure if we are supposed to have sunshine but the fresh air will do me loads of good. Enjoy your day! Rosie

Mary said...

Oh, amen to that! We are supposed to get up to 60 degrees tday, but unfortunately the sun is hiding at the moment! :(

Have a wonderful day!
xoxo,
Mary

Tina Leavy said...

Hello,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Always so nice to meet someone new.
I hope that you are feeling better. Yes, I too believe that the sun is good for what ails us sometimes.
It certainly helps to lift a gloomy mood to get out doors and enjoy the sunshine a bit.
Here's hoping that you have a lovely week.Stop back by my little blog anytime you'd like.
~Tina

SweetAnnee said...

It was warm here today
so I went out too. I felt
revived..just the air was
healing!!
ena
Sunshine can heal!

de

Sheila said...

I do think it can. It was warm here yesterday, but we didn't actually see the sun. I think it was there but it was too foggy to see it!
If I get the chance I sit on my deck in a sheltered spot, and absorb the sun, it always makes me feel better.
hugs
xx