Monday, November 5, 2007

NYC ~ Amy's Opening Nite!

Wow, New York City! What a fabulous time we had (a girls getaway weekend)! My sister and my daughter Jen, and I traveled to NY to attend my other daughter's (Amy) first solo art showing.

Here we are being "welcomed" to NY at the JFK airport!

We spent the first evening at Times Square and had dinner and drinks at the Marriot Marquis. It amazes me how much hustle and bustle and activity there is going on all the time.











The next day before Amy's gallery opening, we went by the Metropolitan Club on East Sixtieth Street (it's a private club but thanks to my sister's friend who is a member) we were able to go inside and peek around and see the beautiful building and have a glass of wine. What a gorgeous place!




Opening Night! Amy's showing at the Monya Rowe Gallery went fabulously! She sold 7 paintings before the show even began! Congratulations Amy!






























After the showing there was a small get-together and then the four of us went and had a midnight breakfast at the Chelsea diner.

The next few days we rode the subways and walked and
shopped and ate at wonderful restaurants and cafes. We celebrated with little french pastries and champagne. We visited Amy's work at the National Hemophilia Foundation and got the tour and took pictures. We went to Carol Gardens and ate at a really nice restaurant called St. Dymphna's.









It was a great trip to New York and I'm ready to go back again!



Of course, it was good to get home again too!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

What a great trip..!
The pastries and champagne look wonderful. Congratulations to Amy for selling her work, and for having a successful exhibition..!
I'm glad you all had such a good time together. Your girls are beautiful Donna..!
hugs
xx

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful time you had! I am so happy for your daughter! What a wonderful show and to sell all of those before the show began!

I am in awe.....How FUN!
Penny

Mary said...

Oh, how exciting! Congratulations to Amy -- how wonderful to have a New York gallery show!
xoxo,
Mary

regina barnett said...

What a great time you must had. And congratulations to Amy on her paintings. I know i would have been trilled to death.

Deb said...

Wonderful photos Donna. How fantastic that your daughter sold artword prior to the opening! Wishing her continued success!!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Do you not just LOVE New York? I could go back again and again. I haven't been back to visit family since 2 weeks after 9/11. I think I'm due.

Love,
Julie