Thursday, October 11, 2007

The unwatched pot




The crock pot. Does anyone use these anymore? When our girls were young and I was working outside the home, mine got alot of use. All the ingredients were prepared the night before, and then the next morning in the big rush, all that needed to be done was to put everything in the pot, turn it on, and forget about it. When we got home, mmmmm, the house smelled so good and dinner was ready!


The crock pot was put away in the cupboard and forgetten about. I got it out over the weekend and made a wonderful dinner for two. Time to get the "The Unwatched Pot" cookbook out and check for some new recipes. I think I'll start using it again.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I remember using the crock pot quite often in the late 70s and early 80s :-} It was really handy & I agree, the house smelled so good as soon as you walked in the door.